Wednesday, October 9, 2013

CD Highway: The Complete First & Second Seasons - PBS Music Series



Nearly 17 hours of music (and interviews) but incomplete performances from this 2000 "public TV" series
I'm not finished going through this full set of DVDs yet - after all there are almost 17 hours worth! - but I've got a pretty good idea of the content by selecting a few discs based on the printed index booklet enclosed in this six DVD set.

I see all the five-star reviews posted here and can't quite understand them, but I'll you my take here. First off, I will say that you get a lot of "video for your buck" though you will give up 17 hours of your life if you watch the full set once. There are 39 25-minute shows here.

I don't know much about the series - which originally aired on some Public TV stations around the country in 2000 - and was co-produced and hosted by - as the package states "songwriter and recording artist Laurie Roth". Roth is now best known as a Conservative talk show host on the USA Network and, on her radio show home page, she refers to herself as "The Annie Oakley of the Airwaves". There's even a "Laurie Roth For President 2012" website! I can...

Great Music Series!
So happy that CD Highway is finally being released on DVD! This show introduced me to so many amazing artists, both famous and obscure, including some of my all-time favorites. The performances are very up-close and personal, so it's a real treat for any live music fan. And as a musician myself, when I was first starting out, it gave me a valuable insight into the life of a professional musician. I highly recommend this show for anyone who enjoys music, or wants to learn more about some of their favorite artists. Definitely picking up a few sets for Christmas presents this year.

CD Highway is great!
I have seen most of the episodes of CD Highway and find it very entertaining. I have recommended this program to all of my music loving friends. CD Highway ROCKS!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment