Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Leapfrog: Phonics Farm [HD]



Great Video, worth every penny!
I will only show educational video's to my kids and I love almost all of the Leap Frog video's and this is one of the best ones yet. I used to be the typical parent and play Shrek, Tangled and all those video's in the car cuz the kids love them and keeps them quite for long rides. In preschool, my 3 year old and was having alot of difficulty learning and memorizing the alphabet, colors and numbers. He was one of the lucky ones who got into the town preschool via the lottery. I was told that she would suggest holding him back from kindergarten until he was 6. I got rid of all those worthless DVD's and invested a ton on money on these DVD as well as Rock to Learn and many others. I would only show these video's in the car, every day, and my now 4 year old knows more than most kids his age and going to kindergarten at age 5. He knows upper case, lower case, numbers, all shapes, sizes, and have been working on phonics cuz he is ready. My favorite DVD's for those on a budget are...

Okay
I have a confession to make. When my six year old son is at school, my two and a half year old daughter and I sometimes fire up his Kindle Fire without his knowledge. One of the videos I have downloaded on the Kindle for my daughter to watch is "Leap Frog Phonics Farm". I think it is mind-numbingly boring, but my daughter likes it a lot. It covers the same topics as "Leap Frog's Letter Factory," but in a less entertaining way. The upper and lower case letters are introduced along with their corresponding sounds, and there is also a song about vowels. It is probably good for my daughter to learn the same information in a different format. But if you were only going to choose one video, "Letter Factory" would be a better pick.

It's a good one!
We regularly buy any Leapfrog DVDs that come out, and this one kept both of our kids' (son is 4, daughter is almost 2) attention better than most of the other ones that have come out recently! Glad to see the dogs (Scout & Violet) rather than frogs all the time. It's a fun & educational DVD, and the songs aren't annoying! :)

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment