Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Princess Tutu Complete Collection



Wonderful Series... with great bonuses!
I give lots of praise to this series, but I thought I'd clarify a few things for people interested in this set. There is another, more expensive set on amazon. This set is the recent re-release with a different package design. Unlike most ADV releases, this box set contains the original discs, which are still loaded with bonus features, making this a great buy. My one gripe is that the DVDs are all stacked, instead of being in individual holders, but I still consider this official release a great buy.

Deserves WAY more than 5 stars....
First off, before I review this, I have to say, Princess Tutu is my FAVORITE anime. Ever. And I've seen a lot. It's fantastic, and I think everyone should see it.

I'm not sure how to summarize the story. It's very complex and engaging. I have to mention first, this anime is very much like a fairy tale. (in fact it uses a lot of Germanic legend and folklore as inspiration) It focuses on a girl, who is really a duck, named Duck, who is in love with a Prince without a heart. She is given a pendant by a man named Drosselmeyer, who is the man pulling the strings behind the whole story. The pendant allows her to take the form of a human girl. This pendant also allows her to turn into Princess Tutu. While Duck is Princess Tutu, she can search for and retrieve shards of the Prince's heart. Throughout the series, Duck must face different obstacles, such a Knight whose role in the story is ambiguous at first, (is he friend or foe?) another Princess who claims the Prince is hers, and...

Virtually FLAWLESS!!!!!!!
This is a great series and yes it does have a goofy kid like name to it. But dont let that fool you. This series is a total HIDDEN GEM. I love anime but i dont track how well a series does in DVD sales. I believe the individual DVDs are discontinued. But get this box set which contains seasons 1 & 2 and for the current sale price its almost 1.00 per episode. The story is about a girl name Duck who is actually a DUCK but turns into a girl when a story teller grants her a wish. She utilizes her time as a girl drooling over the cutest guy at school but the boy has a SECRET. Along with being able to be a girl she can transform into Princess Tutu where she must help save the prince & get back the shards to his scattered heart. This series has it all and the best thing is, it has MYSTERY which kept my attention. Alot of these new anime titles lately really dont have an ENGAGING element to keep me attracted. Princess TuTu kept me glued to the screen the WHOLE TIME. Its also directed by the...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment