Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Vol. 1



The TRUE Tom and Jerry set you've always wanted!
At long last; the Tom and Jerry set to end them all! Don't be fooled, this isn't you're ordinary Tom and Jerry set because this 2-disc set features the first 37 shorts in chronological order uncut and uncensored and restored and remastered for the first time (I understand the transfer will be remarkable)! Plus, some of these shorts include their original title cards for the first time anywhere on any format! Plus bonus features including 9 commentaries and a new retrospective documentary. Truly the ultimate Tom and Jerry set...ever!

Tom & Jerry, the way it should have been released from the start!
I've been a fan of Tom & Jerry since I was about 4 years old (I'm 23 now) and still just as big of a fan of the show as I was when I was little. I owned all of the VHS tapes that came out in the early 90's but had to get rid of them since they had a lot of wear. I do own the Spotlight Collection but the shorts were edited and not presented as they were originally released. I'm so glad I held out on the last two sets of the spotlight collection. This is the way the Spotlight Collection should have been released. I really wish I knew how WB remastered these shorts because the picture quality is absolutely beautiful even on the DVD copy.

There's only one DVD case with a beautiful shiny slip cover. Inside, it comes with a small booklet episode guide and two discs. The original opening and ending credits are included in each episode.

Note: The DVD does warn you that these shorts are intended for the adult collector. I added a screenshot that shows the warning. There's...

Finally!
I had refused to buy the old DVD collections and am now glad I did! I am NOT a PC type of guy (seems people go out of their way nowadays to be offended) and won't bother with edited/censored stuff. Here they are in all their glory the way they always should have been. Plus the shows themselves look great AND I have the DVD NOT the blue ray so I can imagine that the blu ray looks even better!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment