Monday, October 14, 2013

Don't Worry, We'll Think Of A Title



Unwatchable
When I recently heard of this film I thought I would like it a lot. It has plenty of mid-60's television comic celebrities in it, and I guess I was expecting the same quality of humor as you would find on the Dick Van Dyke show. But it's just cheap gags that just feel old over and over and over. I think I might have liked this movie when I was six or seven, it's just that type of humor. It's on Netflix now (and probably many other services) so if possible check it out online before you buy.

A high quality print of a slapstick movie
I caught the last 5 minutes of this movie on TV one night, so I looked it up and found it was available. I immediately ordered it! I watched it and was enthralled with all of the cameos, and Moe Howard playing a straight part! Hilarious!
I asked a friend "when you watched the Dick Van Dyke Show, who were your favorite characters?" (I already knew who mine were, of course...) She replied: "Buddy and Sally!"
After the movie finished, she said "they could have called it the Buddy and Sally show!" :D

I'm glad to own a copy of this rare gem. I believe these are made to order because I was notified that there would be a delay, but it arrived within a week of that email. Trustworthy seller.

You'll love it - or hate it.
If you didn't love the Dick Van Dyke show, you won't like this either. But if you DID love the Dick Van Dyke show, you might still not like this film. But then again, you might really enjoy it!

Think of all the corny jokes Buddy Sorrell and Sally Rogers came up with - and Rob Petrie tossed, then think of all the jokes they DIDN'T say. Then you've got this film.

This movie features Buddy, Sally, and even Mel Cooley - scratch that, I should say this movie features Morey Amsterdam, Rose Marie, and Richard Deacon (the actors that portrayed Buddy, Sally, and Mel in The Dick Van Dyke show) in an almost plotless collection of gags and jokes. It also features some rather unexpected cameos you have to watch out for.

It does NOT include Dick Van Dyke or Mary Tyler Moore, but maybe the script was too corny for them!

If you LOVE Buddy (Morey), you owe it to yourself to see this film.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment