Friday, October 11, 2013

California



California with Jock Mahoney
I was happy to find this dvd on Amazon and see that others remember Jock in many different roles other than the ones that made him well known. I'm grateful that they make their mementos available to us/others, especially at prices that could make a whole library afforable. I continue to be frustrated and disappointed in the graininess and loss of detail in these old black and white movies, but maybe this something is better than no thing. (I would love to see again Jock's fabulous smile, sharp and handsome.) Some are better than others, color, even from the same vintage, is much clearer. Wish someone could "fix" them for maximum enjoyment. I never know if I'm getting the best copy available. But for now I just have to squint a little at fuzzies and shadows. He's still worth a satisfying glimpse of any kind. Marion

California
Good acting, but a so-so story. Jock Mahoney is credible in this old-fashioned plot; people may remember him from his TV series, "Yancy Derringer," in the 1950's. He also played Tarzan in a couple of films.

California
It's a very sad,sad day..with tech.that they can't put Mr.Mahoney's movies on a 100% great print.I remembner a western he made..I'm very sure it was made in the mid 1950's by studio UNIVERSAL-INTERNATIONAL...where Jock wears a hostle with cards on it...like ace of diamonds,etc.I just can't remember the title..DARN!Wish someone could help me. Anyhow....JOCK MAHONEY...was a stunt man & a very underrated ACTOR!!! So come on you MOVIE STUDIOS....bring him to us that are waiting! Thankyou
Jack

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment