Saturday, October 5, 2013

Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London 3D [Blu-Ray / DVD Combo]



Compelling!
Get a big screen TV, turn up the volume, push play. The next thing you know it will be over. The orchestral arrangements are so compelling and powerful that you can do little other than submit to them and not notice time passing by. I've seen the live concert a couple of times. In the theater I heard textural details in the mix that I didn't notice live, despite the live sound being great too. Details that, as a composer, blew me away. If you have a good sound system, and let yourself just be drawn in, you won't miss the drums and theater of previous tours. The visual effects are first rate anyway - no gimmicks required. The sound in the theater was as first rate as movie theater sound gets, so I would expect nothing less on a good home theater system.

The 3D in the theater was very effective.

In addition to PG fans, this is a MUST BUY for anyone into orchestral music or who wants an introduction to creative orchestral textures!

Peter at His Best!
I just received my blu ray copy and watched the concert. It is simply amazing! First of all, the video and audio quality is the best it can get. I don't care for 3D so I have the normal version. All the songs have been re-worked for orchestra and they are mind blowing. If I had to single out songs, I would say Biko, Rhythm of the Heat, and Single to Noise will blow you away. Just to sum up, Peter is a man in full control of what he does, this is an amazing concert and concept. It is not just a rock concert with orchestra, it uses the orchestra as the main elements. You need to experience it for yourself. Very highly recommended.

THIS Is How You Do a Concert on Disc
Wow.

I mean, WOW.

Just got done watching this on a Sony XBR-HX929 46" 3D TV -- 2 hours of pure Peter Gabriel goodness... in 3D. I would have a hard time believing that being AT the concert would be better than seeing it like this, with all of the different 3D camera angles and the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The selection of songs includes everything from Peter's "New Blood" CD, and then some. The picture is amazingly sharp and the 3D cinematography is top-notch -- so much so that if I want to demo 3D to someone, I'll use this instead of "TRON Legacy" from now on. Peter is a consummate showman and it's clear that he puts a lot of effort into making his concerts unforgettable experiences.

Other musicians need to watch this video and try to keep up. THIS is how you do a music concert on disc.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment