Sunday, October 6, 2013

60 Minutes - The Life and Death of Vincent van Gogh



This is so Interesting!
I found this 60 minutes piece on van Gogh to be extremely interesting and gave some new light as to what may have really happened to him. This is worth purchasing and watching again and again.

It was too short; just an advertisement for the book.
Instead of buying this DVD, which is only a book review, buy the book: "Van Gogh: The Life" by Steve Naifeh and Gregory White Smith. The DVD is just a 25 minute interview with the authors of the book, and it does not give a lot of information about the life of Vincent Van Gogh. So, if you are a Van Gogh fan, you are better off buying the book. I would recommend this DVD for people that just want to know a little bit of Van Gogh's life, and don't have much time to read about it.

Definitely worth seeing
My son and I have been VanGogh fans for years and i was given the book as a gift last year. I don't know how we missed this when it was on TV so I was thrilled to find it on DVD. I purchased 2! It is very informative and for the first time was able to actually see the places where VanGogh painted until his death. The new theory on his death is very controversial but the authors, who have researched for years, make some very valid points. I found it to be fascinating. After reading dozens of books and articles about his life and death over the course of my lifetime, I felt this report brought closure to many of my unanswered questions.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment