Sunday, October 6, 2013

Spooky Buddies [HD]



Hocus Pocus Revisited
This is the first Buddies movie I have watched, so I can't compare it to the others. The first thing I have to say is that the puppies are adorable, the kids are charming, and the set is colorful. The second thing is that (at the risk of sounding picky) this movie is basically a remake of the Disney movie Hocus Pocus with a few minor changes, different actors, and of course adding the puppies. Hocus Pocus has always been one of my very favorite holiday movies, but I am genuinely shocked that Disney produced this Buddies movie with basically the EXACT same story line. Were they short on writers or short on creativity? If you have seen Hocus Pocus, you will be amazed at the similarities.

The story opens in a big old house in the past, just 75 years ago vs. 300 years, and sets up the whole story for present day Halloween in a small town. Instead of three witches who are brought back to life by a candle, it's a warlock brought back to life by a mirror. Instead of sucking...

Way too SCARY for G and kids under 8!!!
The first 5 minutes of this movie had my 7 year old in tears. It was way too scary and while we watched for 5 more minutes to actually see the buddies and see if she may like it... she was too freaked out and didn't want to watch them anymore. Do NOT get this movie if your kids get a little scared at spooky things - it will not be enjoyable for them at all!

Too Scary for kids under 5
I really can only rate this movie based on the first ten minutes. It took only 10 minutes to scare my 5 year olds before we turned it off. I'm very surprise that this movie is rated G!!!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment