Monday, October 7, 2013

Musicality Matters (bonus disc: Project Belly Dance Season 1)



Its nice
I thought this was a nice DVD. It is suitable for beggining dancers wishing for an introduction into rhythms. The choreography section was also very nice. I enjoyed her stylization of certain movements; one hip drop in particular with a very nice pause that traveled up through her body. If you are new to drum solos, this is a good introduction. If you are intermediate or advanced, you may enjoy her interpretation in choreography, but the rhythms you may already know and understand. She doesn't go in depth with the rhythm lesson or share any wild breakdown, which makes it so suitable for beggining level dancers. I think Andalee is a beautiful dancer, she is charming, and she is someone I would love to take classes with or see more of her variation and interpretations of different rhythms on future DVDs.

Ok but I expected more
I own a lot of Cheekygirls Production DVDs and I always love them, because they are very professional, full of useful information and great value for money.
I was a bit disappointed in the content of this DVD. I expected a lot more about musicality and understanding music, but there is only a small introduction about Arabic music and its structure as such, while the most part of the DVD is made up of the choreography explanation. It is a very nice choreography and Andalee is lovely and very good at explaining things, so that's good but I was expecting something different.
I was pleasantly surprised by the bonus DVD on Project Bellydance. I was expecting to be a boring reality show, of the type that is all the rage nowadays on TV. Instead I found it interesting, an inspiration and full of interesting tips for belly dancers and fun to watch. Sometimes it tries to be like TV reality shows, but fortunately the result is quite different.

Musicality Matters/ Project Belly Dance Trailer


Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment